External enclosure in Win7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nickolodeon

Hi.
I just bought a new external enclosure IDE/SATA with 3.5" form-factor (Grand K325). However my windows 7 system doesn't seem to support it properly. When I insert IDE hdd into enclosure, OS does not show it in my computer. I can see it in Disk Managment, but it's marked as dynamic and will not inititlize (trying to initialize, for 1 disk it says "Drive not ready", for he second one it offers to convert disk to basic warning me that all files will be lost, which is unacceptable, b/c I need them).
Any clues?
P.S. Hooking to internal IDE wires disks work OK.

Nickolodeon

By the way, is there a difference in what way I put hdd drive into closure? I mean, the perforations for screws are obvious, but as to SATA drive the connectors seem to need to be twisted all around and enclosure barely closes.

Nickolodeon

The second disk is not showing up in my computer.
Device manager says it is a dyanmic disk and it's invalid. Context menu offers to convert to basic disk, reactivate disk (which in turn says windows can't do it on invalid disk pack), offline and properties. What the...?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online