1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External Freecom DVD burner makes nothing but coasters

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lubo, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lubo

lubo Thread Starter

got the 4x dvd burner and no success - 5/5 bad coasters.
    pretty frustrating.

i tried to patch the firmware but the utility said it did not match the device but in fact the device was recongnized as what it was looking for - so shoot me if i know why it fails.

i am gonna try some new USB drivers, but i can not believe nothing good so far. Btw Nero allows a write speed of 2.4X instead of 4.0X. Could that be due to bad USB drivers? Also - it seems the USB drivers on the Ltop are current.

Thank you for the help,

Lubomir

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice