1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

external hard disk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dheerajkulal, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dheerajkulal

dheerajkulal Thread Starter

hello,

This is dheeraj kulal. i have a problem with external hard drive.

I copied all the data from my pc to an external hard drive(FAT 32). Then i formatted the PC hard disk and created 5 partition with 50GB each. Installed windows xp SP2.
    External hard disk is of 500GB. Had nearly 250GB of data in it before copying data from my PC hard drive. After copying data from PC hard drive only 30GB of free space left in external hard disk.
    Now the actual problem is the external hard not showing any of the files that i copied on to it. and few of the files already in it are missing too. But when check the property of external hard disk it shows only 30GB is free that means remaining are the data in it.

please help me,, files are very very very important for me... wt to do:confused:

2. beginner58

beginner58

Open Windows Explorer and go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab. Under 'Hidden files and folders', click 'Show hidden files...' and click OK.

See if tha helps

3. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Welcome to TSG!!

I wonder if a program called TreeSize would help? There's a free version of it you can download. It displays hidden files, too.

4. pbanutcase

pbanutcase

I recommend WinDirStat. Excellent tool for displaying folder/file usage in a nice graphical output.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1007143

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice