External Hard drive changed drive location

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Siam

Hi Guys!
I need some help. I purchased an external hard drive per TSG help. Thank you. Everything has been working so far. I leave the Seagate External Hard Drive plugged into my USB port, which identified it as being on the E:/ drive. Anything else will be F: drive. Suddenly, the Seagate External Hard Drive is coming up as the F: drive location

I placed some programs, such as the Wise Disk/Registery Cleaner, onto the external hard drive to free up limited space on the C: drive. The shortcut indicates the E: drive so the computer is preventing the Wise Disk Cleaner from running. I have unpluged the external hard drive and shut the computer off several time. Nothing changes the drive's location.

Any suggestions????
Thank you.

Hi Siam, you can choose what letter the drive should show up as. To do this, go to:
Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management and click on Disk Management.
On the right in the bottom pane you will see a list of your drives. Find the external hard drive and right click on it and select Change Drive Letter and Paths... then click on Change and you can select E: from the drop down and click OK.
Hope that solves it...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online