1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External Hard Drive Crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nettie-01, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettie-01

Nettie-01 Thread Starter

I have a 120 Gig Iomega external hard drive which crashed. I need to recover info from it. Can anyone recommend the best place for me to send it? The GeekSquad at Best Buy couldn't help. They said it is completely dead. All suggestions appreciated.

Nettie01

2. TehTech

TehTech

Most independantly run computer hardware techs could do this. now how completely dead is it? because if its just a fuse blown or the motor inside died its something you can 'try' on your owe and save some money. if its not then you may want to check out htat tech support.

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Rather than relying on any electronics that may have failed in the case, can you take the hard drive out of it, connect it using either a different known working case or as a slave? Some cases are easier to do this with than others. Something I like to make sure of first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice