External hard drive error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nolby2173

I bought a Fantom Drives 500 gb eSATA external harddrive a few months ago and have had no problems with it until tonight when i came home, i tripped over the cord and the whole thing fell to the ground. It did not fall hard enough that their should be any damage but the wire came unplugged. I plugged it back in and it didnt work, it just made loud noises. My entire music collection of a few years of work is on this, if any one can help I'd appreciate it.

Hard drives are very sensitive. It may be a goner.

What happens when you try it? Does it appear in Device Manager?

nolby2173

Hard drives are very sensitive. It may be a goner.

What happens when you try it? Does it appear in Device Manager?
It does not show up in the device manager. But when i right click properties in my computer it shows up and tells me that my hard drive is offline. It also shows up in my computer but i am unable to do anything with it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online