1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External hard drive - ipod touch/RCA cable?

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by lilchrisdog4, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilchrisdog4

lilchrisdog4 Thread Starter

I'm planning on selling my laptop and buying a new desktop. the problem is, my family and I travel a lot, and I don't want to bring my desktop with me, and my video library won't fit onto my 32GB ipod touch, so I figured i could get an external hard drive and store my movies on there for travel. I use an RCA (if that't what the yellow, white, and red wires are) cable to connect my ipod to whatever tv i want to watch my movies on, so I was just wondering if I could back up my video library onto the external hard drive, and then connect that to the tv directly to play the videos off that, or connect it to my ipod and change which movies i want to sync in order to fit the movie I want to watch on the ipod. Any suggestions?

2. lilchrisdog4

lilchrisdog4 Thread Starter

i just figured out that i could use my xbox as the medium, not the ipod, so I figured it out for now, but I still want to know if there's another solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice