1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External Hard Drive Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by th8rkid87, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. th8rkid87

th8rkid87 Thread Starter

I have a V Drive 750 GB hard drive that I had purchased for my mom several years back. I'm having difficulties getting the PC to recognize the device. The blue power indicator is solid when it turns on, but starts to flicker when you connect it to the computer via USB. I've tired to look for the device under Devices and Printers, Device Manager, etc. I already tried a new USB cable as well as a new power supply cable as well. Looking for any and all suggestions/tips to rectify the issue. Thanks all.

Attached Files:

2. suj

suj

Have you installed the proper drivers for this device. I would check through the company website for the driver.

3. th8rkid87

th8rkid87 Thread Starter

I have not installed the driver. I've been striking out trying to find a manufacturer website. When I did an Amazon search for the product, it says "currently unavailable" and the company page doesn't have any other products. So it makes me think it's no longer around anymore.

https://www.amazon.com/Drive-500GB-External-Hard-Black/dp/B00BV85RT4

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  5. th8rkid87

th8rkid87 Thread Starter

My computer is running Windows 10

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice