1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External Hard Drive Pops up Very Often

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Marcell, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

My DELL OPTIPLEX 10 PRO WINDOWS 10 keeps popping up the EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE (F) while I am in Internet, is very annoying. What can I do to stop it permanently?
    Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2018
  2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Something running on your computer needs access to something that is or was on your external drive F:.

3. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

Thanks!!!! I wonder if It's possible to find out what exactly is causing this problem?

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Possibly, using a bit of "process of elimination". Disable all startup programs first, reboot and see if it solves the problem. If so, you know it was one of the programs you disabled. Re-enable say three programs, reboot and test. Still no problem? Re-enable three more, reboot and test again. ... etc., etc.. When the problem does return, you know it was one of the last three startup programs you re-enabled. Disable two of those, reboot and test. If the problem is still there, you know the culprit is the one you just re-enabled. If not, re-enable one of the two left, reboot and test. ... etc. etc. ... you get the idea.

5. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

Still the SAME after trying your suggestion several times........ What ELSE can I try? Thanks!!! Have a peacefull weekend!!!!

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Does the same problem occur after disabling all startup programs?

7. lunarlander

lunarlander

What browser are you using?

Marcell likes this.
  8. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

Yes!!!

9. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

Chrome

10. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Same problem in Safe mode?
    1. Press the [Windows logo key]+[I] (eye) on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then select Settings .
    2. Select Update & security > Recovery .
    3. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    5. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice