1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External Hard drive problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by desert emperor, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desert emperor

desert emperor Thread Starter

I have Western digital 250 GB external that i have all my data (pictures,movies,music....) on --- in fact i have only 4 GB of free space!!!
    The problem starts when i can't see "My music" folder although i m not sure i didn't delete accidentally and i didn't notice any extra free space due to this disappear of the the folder!
    so i tried to unplug and plug again several time and on another system too BUTTTT what happened after that a main folder ( in fact i have 2 main folders under the root folder only and inside of them for sure several folders)--- so a main folder appear but without an icon of folder so if i double click it will ask me which program u want to use to open this!!! and its size is now like 32KB!! although inside there is more than 180GB!! and the hard drive is still showing only 4 GB free!!

SO what's wrong? someone can tell me what to do? i really want my data back! i have no backup of it? can i still rescue my data? by the way the other main folder under the root still working normal i can go inside browse other folders...

So PLZ any serious suggestions?can i still back up it?

Waiting ur help, Thx in advance

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice