Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

External Hard Drive Problems (help pls!!) (details inside)

856 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  studmaster2006 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a LACE 500 gb, external hard drive that I purchased for myself to help with the memory space on my laptop.

Anyways, a few minutes ago, I plugged it into my laptop via the usb cord and waited for it to boot. It started booting up, and then suddenly when it was loading in the Autoplay, it was taking forever at a certain folder and started making a clicking noise. I canceled the Autoplay and opened up My Computer to get the drive from that area. I click on the H extension, open up the hard drive and I am searching to get a picture that I want that's in a folder. I click on it and it takes forever to load, making that clicking noise and then finally it opens. Everything is taking forever to load, and when it's loading, it makes the clicking noise in my external hard drive.

The other day, I was carrying it, and it fell out of my hand but I wasn't high so it didn't fall from a high distance. I thought it was fine, because I recall using it previously before my attempts today. So I have no idea what's wrong with it. When I click on the image itself, it opens up fine in the Windows Viewer, and doesn't do any clicking noise whatsoever. It only does it, when it comes to folders.

It is opening up, but it's taking FOREVER and it's making an annoying clicking noise. Can anyone tell me if they've experienced this before and what they did to fix the problem?

Thank you and look forward to the response!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.