External hard drive question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WeepinWillow

I bought an external hardrive in order to store my games on, however when I install them to the new hd windows installs part on my c:/ drive and part on the external drive, is there a way I can prevent this? Do I need to install something on the new hdd?

windows requires certain files to be on the same drive as the OS. you cannot change that.

external drives are good for transferring data or to use as a backup, but if you need more storage, you should upgrade internally

WeepinWillow

Thanks kingcody, maybe I will just transfer my pics over to it, that should clear out about 5 gigs for my games lol.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online