1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External hard-drive recognising, showing, but not reading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CruelCoin, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CruelCoin

CruelCoin Thread Starter

Hi all.

My freecom external hard-drive is playing up on me.

When i plug it in, it recognises, it shows up in my computer, but when i double click the icon, it tells me "please insert a disk into drive w:" and it won't let me access the drive.

I have tried restarting computer, safely removing and re-inserting the drive, and changing the disk letter via the computer management tools.

Is there anything else i can do?

Cheers for any help lads,

Roy.

2. CruelCoin

CruelCoin Thread Starter

Update:

Now i am getting a message to say that the "usb drive is not recognised" and that the drive is malfunctioning.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/955705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice