1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

external hard drive usage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dirtfrmr, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dirtfrmr

dirtfrmr roy Thread Starter

I am request info on a better way to back up external hard drives. we would like an automatic back up that would back up new files on a daily basis.

Currently are running Windows 7 home edition,500 gb on a 64 bit laptop. we have approximately 3.5 t< A 1.5t,a 1t,a 500gb,a 320gb, and a 250gb external drives in addition to the 500gb drive on the laptop> of external storage< hard drives, no server as of yet>. We currently save mainly Pictures and art for digital scrappingbooking.

It seems that no matter how many external HD we get they fill up rather quickly.< 3 to 6 months>.

Is there a way to set up software to automatically update new files daily?
    I am considering a 2 t external for a back up to the current drives we have.
    All of the family pics have been saved to these drives, so a loss we not be good.
    We tried mosy but the uploads seem to always get stopped by our Internet provider, because of size.

I appreciate in advance any advice that can be offered

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/934261