1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

external hard drive.windows 7 iso files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by thecost, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecost

thecost Thread Starter

so my pc don't work so i have to reinstall windows, pretty much.
    i don't have the CD so i went ahead and bought an external hard drive, connected it to my mac and formatted so my mac and pc can both read the hard drive.
    went online and bought windows 7 professional and downloaded the windows 7 iso files into my external hard drive.
    GREAT I THOUGHT, IM GOOD NOW. LETS BOOT UP PC.
    my pc didn't seem to read the hard drive.
    went into my bios settings (I'm guessing that is how is call)
    went into it and set it up to where it boots up using the external hard drive
    well... that didn't work either..
    PLEAE HELP
    i have tried everything but nothing works. i really unplugged the hard drive and turn it on hoping the external hard drive with work.. nope still nothing...
    IS MY ONLY OPTION NOW TO JUST GO AND BUY THE CD AND REINSTALL LIKE THAT?
    if so.... what a waste of time.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    "ISO" files are typically disc images.

Simply burn the iso to DVD.

Or I believe Microsoft provides a tool for making USB devices bootable and extracting the iso files to the device.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Assuming your computer that you want to install Windows 7 in is a factory-brand one and not a self-built one, what is its brand name and model name and complete model number?

Where exactly did you buy Windows 7 Professional from and download its ISO file from?
    Provide us with the webpage link.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1194805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice