1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External Hard Drive (writing/deleting problems)/ Microphone problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkCrusader88, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkCrusader88

DarkCrusader88 Thread Starter

Hey Guys, first things first. I had an old hard drive from a crapped out laptop. My uncle gave me an USB Hard drive converter(unsure on it's brand, after it worked i threw out the box). Problem is that I used it several times between a mac and a pc(school and home computer) and now it give me an I/o error when I try to copy stuff and says it can't find the item when I try to delete something. I tried reformatting(all this is on a PC BTW). I tried plugging it into a mac at school, but it wouldn't show up as connected.

I just realised that I had a driver cd for it, but I have lost it and cannot find it(too many CD's to keep track of, lol), I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this problem. It is a fujitsu, 30 GB hard drive(though it when I was using it, it showed as a 20 GB) I would prefer not to have to buy a new adapter or hard drive. I would just like to use this, to store all my music on, because the hard-drive on this computer(it's only 40GB getting a new one soon) is getting cluttered with music.

Now for my second problem, which isn't really my problem at all, but I digress. My friend was using her microphone(on an XP Home) and half way through her conversation it cut out. I have got her to check all her sound settings, no low sound settings on her computer. She has tried recording messages but nothing happens as if a microphone is not plugged in. I gave her my microphone to try out with no avail. I had a feeling that it is a driver problem(incompatibility) as her brothers Vista machine still uses the microphone perfectly, but her other XP also refuses to use it. I don't know because she hasn't told me if both the XP machine's are using the same drivers(as she's not allowed to boot the other computer up, without permission, and not while her's is on). I tried getting her to save a restore point and then rolling back her sound card drivers, but that did nothing.

So any help on either of these problems would be helpful, thank you in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/660190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice