1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External Harddrive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nattybumpo123, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nattybumpo123

nattybumpo123 Thread Starter

I have a Nexxtech harddrive enclosure, and it doesn't seem to want to work for an extended period of time. Once I get it to work and be recognized, I will turn it off, and the next time I turn it on, the computer will recognize it as a RAW disc. That is, unformatted. When I try to access it again after that, explorer will freeze. The jumper settings are set to master, so that's not the problem. I tried to put the harddrive into the computer, and all worked out fine. I tried another harddrive in the enclosure, and everything worked out great. So, its not the enclosure, or the harddrive, or any of the connections. I'm out of ideas. The harddrive is a samsung of sorts, and 80gig. I've formatted it to NTFS, because that's how I need it formatted. On a very rare occasion, the harddrive will show up, and will have no issues, but any files that I previously put on it are missing. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/775460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice