1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External HD in Disk Management

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by P527, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. P527

P527 Thread Starter

My 1 TB external HD was working fine in my PC until I connected it to a Mac, after that I can't see it in My Computer, I could only see it in Disk Management, I just want to know if there is anything I can do, can anyone tell me from the picture below if i lost all my files, if the HD is corrupt can I use one of those programs that recovers lost files, does anyone have any recommendation?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      155.9 KB
      Views:
  2. P527

P527 Thread Starter

bump

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    In Disk Management right click the 931GB box and try to assign a drive letter, it should show up in My Computer if you can.

4. P527

P527 Thread Starter

I tried already and the only options available are "delete volume" and "help"

5. P527

P527 Thread Starter

bump

6. P527

P527 Thread Starter

bump

7. Hughv

Hughv

See if you can read it with Test Disk.
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
    I have run into this a couple of times recently and the solution for me was to connect to my Ubuntu box which read the disk accurately and transferred the files when my Win7 machine wouldn't. I haven't taken the time to research this yet.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice