1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External HDD Case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tjay73, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tjay73

tjay73 Thread Starter

Is there such thing as a case for an IDE HDD so I can connect it via USB? Something not so expensive, $20 and under. If u need more info just ask.

thanx

2. rhynes

rhynes

yep, you can get cases for cd drives, sata and ide hard drives, laptop drives... Check your local computer store and be sure to get usb. There are some that cost more cause they allow for both usb and firewire.

3. tjay73

tjay73 Thread Starter

hey thanks

4. bob6715

bob6715

go to tigerdirect.com and look at the ULTRA series of external devices cost was under 30.00 when i ordered it and it comes with the usb cable, it is as fast as an internal ide setup, More expensive ones from ULTRA come with a hard drive installed
    good luck
    bob6715(y)

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

6. tjay73

tjay73 Thread Starter

thanks, looked on newegg and found one for 40 bux

i then went on ebay and got the 'opened once, unused' version for 25 bux ;)

7. JohnWill

There are tons of external enclosures at Newegg for less than $40. Truthfully, I can't recall ever spending $40 for an external enclosure.

8. tjay73

tjay73 Thread Starter

9. win2kpro

win2kpro

Personally, I have never had good results with Adaptec products and I especially wouldn't want a "refurbished" unit.

If I were buying an Adaptec Product I would get the one from Newegg so that you at least have a 1 year warranty.

Just my opinion.

10. tjay73

tjay73 Thread Starter

already purchased :( still have a 30 day warranty from the ebay store i bought it from tho

what kinds of things happened to u while using adaptec products? do they overheat easily?

11. JohnWill

Like I said, there are lots of enclosures that cost less, my external drives are running in three enclosures that cost me $14/ea, and they work fine.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/492956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice