1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External HDD Enclosure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by austinm6, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. austinm6

austinm6 Thread Starter

2. raybro

raybro

Spec-wise it looks good. The fan is always a good idea, although some can get pretty noisy. My external enclosure has no fan, but I use it for backup only, so its only on for short periods of time.You wont know until you try it. No direct experience with the brand. Downside to any external enclosure is the vulnerability to damage from handling (i.e. dropping it).

Raybro

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Are these old 3.5" Drives IDE or Sata? Are you planning to connect them only via USB or do you plan to use the eSata connection as well?

4. austinm6

austinm6 Thread Starter

The Drives will mostly be IDE but some are SATA and I have USB on my Laptop and eSATA on my desktop.

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I was thinking along the lines that if you didn't need all the connection features you could save a few dollars, but the one you linked to should work well for you.

6. austinm6

austinm6 Thread Starter

Thanks! What I really want was a USB and Fire Wire 400 IDE/SATA Enclosure.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice