External HDD problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bryanhwm

Hi~ I'm Bryan.
I formatted my PC yesterday, after doing that. I wanted to move back my files from my External HDD.
At first the transferring rate is very unstable. A 200MB file could take up as long as 176minutes to transfer. :(
Then today, I can't even open the file within it. Even copying a picture fails. There will be a pop out saying Windows Delayed Write Failure. And some part of the files is lost due to the computer hardware error or internet connection.

Please Help, I got some important data inside & I can't afford to lose them~

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Welcome to the TSG Forum.
Probably the best option at this point is to get the HDD out of the external enclosure ..
Try it in another enclosure .. And see if the HDD is still OK.

The odds are that the HDD is OK .. It's a problem in the enclosure.

karlhaywood

Account Closed
I agree with Noyb, if it is a SATA drive take it out of the enclosure and just pop it into a pc.

bryanhwm

Noyb : thnx for the advice & the welcoming. You Meant i have to take out the HDD from it's cover? and replace with another one. or just directly plug in into the pc.?

DustyJay : buffalo ministation. MODAL is HD-PF32 JU2/BK-AP

dustyjay

Jay
Install the drive into the PC, if it works then it is either the USB Cable or the Enclosure that is Bad. Of course you could try a new USB Cable first.

bryanhwm

I've already swap to a new cable. And now im trying the EXT HDD with a laptop
It able to load the file, but it takes like superb long to load all together.
Than when I try to copy the files out it just takes very long. =s
Any interference will cause the transferring speed even longer.

So now I have to install the drive into my PC?
I might give it a try. Thanks.

So upset now. I went to US last week. And took loads of photos. It's inside the ext HDD.
:mad:

bryanhwm

The size of the Ext HDD shows that the files is still inside.
but sometimes it shows 0btyes within one of the folder.
So izzit the files is corrupted or anything?

bryanhwm

I''ve already install the HDD into my PC.
But This didnt make any thing better.
It allows me to enter the main folder. But when I want to enter deeper within the folders.
It just hang. Than my whole comp fronzen up. =s

bryanhwm

It did help a bit on the HDD. Now at least i can open the folder. but it just takes longer time for it to load~ better than nothing~

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!