1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

external monitor for laptop question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cybernia_nyc, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cybernia_nyc

cybernia_nyc Thread Starter

I just bought an external monitor to use with my laptop at home. Would there be a problem with installing the drivers for the monitor? Would it conflict with my laptop display?

Thanks,

Bernie

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

I have never experienced a problem with connecting a monitor to a laptop. Most of my clients use dockable stations which have their own monitors.

To be safe I suggest that you take a Restore Point before installing the monitor. If things go wrong you can rollback.

3. cybernia_nyc

Thanks. I've already installed the monitor and it works fine. I was just wondering if I installed the specific drivers for the monitor whether that would make any difference in display. For instance, the monitor is a flat panel 17". The best resolution should be 1028 x 1024, but at that resolution I lose the bottom of the screen, If I lower it, I get a full screen but the text etc is huge. At the same setting as my laptop I have a chunk of blank space at the top of the monitor. So, I was wondering if I installed the driver for the monitor, would that solve the problem. I want to take advantage of the size of the screen, but without any distortion.

4. Tabvla

Tabvla

You sdhould not have a problem installing the monitor drivers and software. Just take a Restore Point as mentioned before.

5. cybernia_nyc

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/515513

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice