External Sound Card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ian58

I have installed a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit external card. The card is working OK. However, if I put the computer into standby the card doesn't swich on when I turn the machine back on. If I restart, or start from "off", the card starts up fine. I'm running XP SP2.
Has anyone got any ideas?

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in to make Windows re-detect it?

Ian58

Thanks for answering Arcadion. I have removed it, and I have tried it in different USB ports. I was wondering if it could be some sort of USB problem??

hows the sound on this card? im debating whether i should get this or the audigy 2 notebook card for my 2.1 setup - logitech z2300

Ian58

Sorry, I was away for a few days. Yeah, it's a good card, I noticed a difference immediately. Obviously it was better than my existing on-board sound and I am going to upgrade my speaker system to 5.1.

Ian58

Sorry, I forgot to write back. I searched the Creative site and I found an updated driver. This fixed the problem of the standby, it just switches back on now. (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online