1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External speakers do not work anymore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Biffons, Jun 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

Since the some updates ago or so my external Bose Companion 2 speakers plugged in in the ear phones output in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) do not work anymore, no sound, a hum. Eear phones do work. The speakers do as well.

I have deinstalled and reinstalled differet Audio_Realtek drivers,
    Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8555_W10x64_A.zip
    Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8158_W10x64_A.zip
    Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7773_W10x64_A.zip
    Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7553_W10x64_A.zip
    e.g. from here:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/de/AT/content/support-product/5976?b=1&pn=NX.MVHEV.047

After deinstalling the drivers and restarting the Notebook the hum of the spekers before was gone and there was a new, third item:
    [​IMG]

After installing one of the above drivers and restarting the Notebook it has disappeared and the hum was sounding again.

What can I do to make the speakres work again?

2. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

That is only part of the laptop's model number (i.e. E5-573G-52G3) and the rest of the complete model tell us what you really have?
    Bit; on the other hand, have you tried disabling or turning down the mic(rophone's) volume? Often the hum is feedback because it is set too high.

3. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

Very sorry, I can not understand this, what does that mean:
    Yes, that is possible because I havve changed some settings for testing. So I just should turn it off / to zero, I assume.

4. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

The entire model number is on the same sticker as the serial number and is usually on the bottom of the laptop.
    You might start by disabling the microphone using the device manager (DEVMGMT.MSC).

5. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

Ah yes, sorry again: Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573-567F)

To just mute it, set to null is not enough? I would habe to disable the micro here that way, in the contexct menu?
    [​IMG]

And how could I make the speakres sound again?

6. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

Once you test it with disable, you will know if it is the source of your hum. Afterwards, you can re-enable it and set wherever you desire.

7. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

Alright, but how do I get the speakers sound again?

8. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

According to the picture in your first post, it looks like you disabled the headphone jack which is where you plugged in the speakers. Did you and can you enable it again?

9. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

No, I didn't, this item occurred after the new audio driver automatically had deinstalled the old driver and the restart before installing the new driver. If I remember it right, I could not find a way to enable that head phone item. After having going on with the installation that item was gone.

10. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

And what driver version do you have installed now?
    Along with, you probably should uninstall and unplug the speakers, then reboot, reinstall the newest version (.8555?) and don't plug in the external speakers until after it has rebooted and you have heard the internal speakers work.

11. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

This one: Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8555_W10x64_A.zip

Yes, I did, without success, the Notebook speakers seems to work always work.

12. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

German is making this more difficult especially when you post a picture; but, it appears you also have an LG TV plugged in using HDMI and, if that is true, HDMI is confusing matters because it also caries the audio. Does the laptop display work?
    And, if it does, what happens if you unplug the TV from the PC, shut it all the way down, and then turn it back on with the TV unplugged?

13. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

Yes, I see, may be there are some symbols, icons, etc. which made recognizable what it meant. I would switch the language to English, but I assueme, that is not so easy.

Yes, it is.

Before, so at the time the speakers worked it was the same set up like it is now.

Sorry, the display of the Laptop? If it works? Yes, it is switched on, it works like it should, I guess. Why do you ask?

All stays the same as far as I can see. When I plug in ear phones they work, the speakers of the Notebook as well.

14. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

If you are plugging the earphones into the same jack as the external speakers, something is wrong with the external speakers! Either the AC adapter is not getting power or they are shot. do you have anything else you can try those speakers on and are you plugging the earphones into the same jack?

15. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

I would not think so because they work with that TV.

Yes, the same jack. Anything else besides the TV? Yes, but I assume when they work with the TV they will work with other devices as well.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice