External Stereo Speakers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bushmook

I occassionally connect external stereo sub woofer / speakers to my Vista laptop via a 3.5mm jacks & cable. Yesterday on doing so the laptop would not switch the sound over to the external unit but played my iTunes music through its inbuilt speakers. I swapted the external unit for another permanently attached to my XP laptop and found no change. I then played both external units over my XP laptop without any problem. It therefore seems that the problem lies with the Vista laptop and is probably a hardware issue. However I am wondering if it may be software related in that I may have managed to accidently touched a button or change a setting. I couldn't find anything useful within Control Panel Sounds and Audio Devices. Any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online