1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

external tv tuner/laptop no sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by budhudood, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. budhudood

budhudood Thread Starter

just tried to use avermedia usb 300 tv tiner and pvr.i can get the picture but no sound from laptop speakers.when i do the recording, there is no sound on replay.sound comes from the avermedia if connected to outside speakers.laptop is toshiba a45 s250 with intel pentium 2.8 ghtz with 512 memory. please help because avermedia does not reply,

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Make sure that your audio input on the laptop is not muted. Often theyy are by default.

Check under control panel - Audio. You need to make sure you are displaying all inputs though, under Options - Properties.

Unfortunately the exact settings depend on the audio drivers that you run, so I cant lead you exactly.

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Just plug the tuner sound-out into your laptops aux or mic in. Then make sure it's not muted in the mixer. (ie, double click the speaker icon in the system tray and check)

If this doesn't work: go into the control panel, sounds and multimedia , audio tab , click advanced under playback devices, make sure your speakers are set correctly.

4. budhudood

budhudood Thread Starter

i tried both recommendations but no sound with the tv picture on the laptop except sound from the avermedia usb box connected to external speakers. thanks for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice