External USB 3 HDD spoil

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OgaW77!

HI,

Just need to know the lifespan of external harddisk? Will data last forever in the external harddisk? Will external harddisk spoil? Pls advise............

dustyjay

Jay
All Hard drives will eventually fail. Some sooner than others. External Hard drives will tend to fail sooner than internal hard drives due to handling, and the unexpected drop or physical damage. Also some external drives are better than others. The data, (barring mistakes such as accidental deletion or formatting the wrong drive) will last as long as the drive itself lasts. I do not use external drives any more. Had too many fail with no warning. I use Standard internal drives with hot swappable bays in my desktop computers. I back up my laptops over my network to a drive in my Hot swap bay on my main computer.

External hard drives last just as long as internal hard drives if cared for. Because they are portable, the major cause of lost data is getting bumped hard or dropped. If they are not treated roughly, and if stored, they are kept free from moisture, there is no reason that the data on them should not last as long as the owner.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online