Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

external usb harddisk

792 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Elvandil 
#1 ·
i have hitachi 80 gb external usb harddisk. It has two partition yesterday night i am working on it but suddenly i am not able to access my hard disk so i unplugged harddisk.

now when i click on this drive it gave me error "file and directory is corrupted or unreadable" so i format my drive after almost completion it gives error "windows is not able to format this drive".

when i restart my computer and i click on this drive it gives message "this disk drive is not formated do you want to format it now?" it has two partition so when i click on other partition it works ok but this partition has some problem

when i click on this drive it shows me 0 bytes in used space and 0 bytes in free space. Now what to do i also check this drive with check now but no window is open and check now is not started what to do?

my data in this drive is not important can any software help me for this problem

#2 ·
If you are using Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 you can go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management and find the Disk Management icon on the left side. It will show the partitions for all disks connected to your computer. You can delete/create/format partitions by clicking on them. Just be careful to format the right one!

Often Disk Manager is more effective for formatting than the explorer interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.