1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External used Hard Drive unable to Initialise

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sunao, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunao

Sunao Thread Starter

I was trying to use another hard drive on my external device which did not work, so I inserted my origanal external hard drive back into the origanal device. It is a WD 250gb. Now a working hard drive refuses to initialise:eek: The drive spins as I can hear it, Had some data that I would like to get back, Any ideas:cool: people. Do you think if I change the board on the HD, will it work withouut damaging the drive or the information???;)
    OH JA and when I go to computer management, the error I get whilst trying tot initialise the drive is a cyclic redundancy error. Any ideas ...

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What sort of 'external device' do you have ? Make and model ? Did it come with a hard drive already fitted ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice