1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Extra drive appears from nowhere

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by RML, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RML

RML Thread Starter

My cdrom drive is R, some how an E drive has appeared.
    If I click on it , it locks up. When I go to my play cd program the E
    drive is present and I cannot use it.
    Also I am having trouble with all my programs locking up and when I click on my computer, it either locks up instantly or if I can get in it is blank and after I play with the ctrl button and wait a few minutes it will come on.
    I don't know if all these are related or not. Help, please.

RML

2. hewee

hewee

I get two added drive on my old PC if I change my screen setting 50% of the time. It moves files from my D: drive to the new K: drive.
    A reboot aways fixes it for me. Or two reboots. I get a Lmouse error and have to do a CAD to reboot and it goes to safe mode and I reboot again from there and all is ok.

DON'T do a disk scan with the added drive. I did that once and I could not open or do and with the files on my D: after they got put back from the reboot. All the file names were like this &*%$*()%$## and I could not deleted them so I had to reformat the drive.

So wait for someone that knows what is going on to help you out.

3. markshark09

markshark09

Go to tucows.com and download the freeware TweakUI. It is a cool control panel add on. Once youre in that go to My Computer and a list of drives a to z are there with check boxes. Just click on the letters that you have drives on

4. hewee

hewee

markshark09,

If you files are moved to the other added drive that came from no where you need to get them back to where they was first would you not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!