Extra drve d gone; All files for c & d drives gone; stoneage

chazzy

Have uninstalled latest windows 10 'update' (ha ha) twice no change; still have 1 sept 2020 left; still lap top stoneage. Can't recover (My) files from extra drive or C drive (five of My worked files were only remaining). Extra drive does not exist. I had previously uninstalled 'driverfix' and 'driverwhiz'. After downloading what I believed were new drivers; both wanted money for downloading their software; I uninstalled both as well as total V virus protection. As I rember, the extra drive was d drive; but that is now the cd-rom drive. Instant problems... ideas anyone?

Last edited:

Fireflycph

Morten
Extra Drive?
Please run the TSG sysinfo tool and post result.

Does the drive show in "Disk Management"?

Edit Local Users And Groups and enable the Administrator account. Log in using that account and see if the files are there.

chazzy

Extra Drive?
Please run the TSG sysinfo tool and post result.

Does the drive show in "Disk Management"?

Edit Local Users And Groups and enable the Administrator account. Log in using that account and see if the files are there.
Hi, extra drive doesn't show in 'disk management'. will try the local user/admin account, but I'm not holding my breath; thing is how come all my own files were destroyed on both the extra AND my c drive at once, when my PCProtect anti virus was full on around the clock? I'd just done a full scan, it's supposed to be one of the best!?

Fireflycph

Morten
I'm not going to pretend that I know why your files disappeared or where they went. But even if you have the best anti-virus, it's not good if it's a new one where the "signature" hasn't been included in the AV database.Z

I'm hoping that the Admin account will let you see the files. BTW> Have you tried to connect either drive to a different system; Just to see if the drive/files are available?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online