Extra Hard Drive suddenly missing.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LeighAnn

Running Windows XP. I have 2 hard drives in my computer - C as my main and "D" where I keep all my toys - itunes, ventrillo, WoW Game, all my music and photos. Turned the computer on when I got home tonight - clicked on the Wow Icon and - it gives me an error message - saying the file can't be found. I clicked on MY COMPUTER and the D drive is missing... what can I do to make it show up again? Thanks for any help.

I hope i am not stating the obvious but have you tried to restart the computer? I would recommend that you do a complete power down, then re start the computer.

LeighAnn

Done - twice -but I'll do it again for good measure.
I have had to do this at work before - but I can't remember how I did it. One day the dvd drive "E" wouldn't show up under "my computer" - the IT guy had me tell the computer to recognize it and I think I like reassigned the letter to the drive.. and wala! But of course my IT guy isn't answering the phone or checking email right now!

Ok then. Click on start and then left click on my computer, move the mouse down to manage and click on it, a new window will open called computer management double click on storage then double click on disk management. There should be a list of drives there, is your missing drive listed?

Do you know how to get into the bios of your computer at start up? If you do check to see if the drive is listed there. If not i need to now the manufacturer of your computer and mother board.

LeighAnn

lol - my IT guy bought, installed and configured everything for me - I have no clue what stuff is. He just logged on - he's gonna fix it for me. BUT thank you very much for your time and the effort to help. I really appreciate it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!