Extract Img from Hidden Partion ... is it possible?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AngryClip

I have a hidden partion with the img of windows XP Home on it, and all the system and driver files for my PC, the manufacturer also gave me a reload cd and i belive it just extracts the img from the hdd...

Now if i wanted to burn this Img to a CD ... how could I extract it?

I really need to do this for piece of mind because I dont want to destroy this ...

any input appreciated

I have no idea. For your piece of mind have you put the Restore CD in the drive and browsed it? What does it contain?

I am not sure what else to suggest. Which Computer Manufacturer is this?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you want to backup the physical image, maybe something like GHOST will backup the whole partition, I don't have anything like to to try it on. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online