1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Extracting 'ISO' files to burn on CD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by grampedstl, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grampedstl

grampedstl Thread Starter

:confused:
    Can anyone direct me to a definitive source of information wherein I can learn HOW to take a downloaded ISO file and extract it to a CD to be used as a boot disk???

Much Obliged for any and all information....

~~~grampedstl~~~

2. sameerM

sameerM

PowerISO (www.poweriso.com) is a powerful CD/DVD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount these files with internal virtual drive. It can process almost all CD-ROM image files including ISO and BIN.

3. rwinstanley

rwinstanley

4. grampedstl

grampedstl Thread Starter

(y)
    I will work on these suggestions over the weekend and let you all know how I made out.

I am trying to make bootable disks of Knoppix and Ubuntu for demonbstration purposes so I don't have to install the linux systems on machines

~~~gramped~~~

5. thecoalman

thecoalman

You're burning application will do it for you. If you're using Roxio for example open creator classic go to file>burn disc from image. Select the .iso file and burn away. Nero will have a similar function somewhere.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since both of those are bootable, just just use any burning application, 99% of them have an image capability. Here's some free ones.

DeepBurner

CDburnerXP

ImgBurn

7. 104456

The images of Live CDs such as Knoppix are already bootable all you need to do is as suggested select burn image to CD or its equvalent.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice