1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Extracting Sound Files from Emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by subyroo27, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. subyroo27

subyroo27 Thread Starter

Can anybody help me with this query. :confused:

I have received an email with an embedded sound file (don't know what type) and I like the background music and would like to extract the file for my own use.

The sender has only fwd'd this email and does not know where he got it from originally, so my quest to trace the sound file is even harder.

The email is called the The TATER PEOPLE it may be known by other names also.

Thanks in Advance.

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Have a look in your Temporary Internet Files to see if the file is there. If it is, copy it to another location.

3. subyroo27

subyroo27 Thread Starter

I have had this email for a couple of months now and have never found out how to extract the sound file, hence, the Temporary Internet Files have been deleted long ago.

Mosaic1, I assume if the guy or somebody else sent it to me again I could then find the file in the manner you suggested. :(

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

I would have thought so, but I can't save a sound. I sent myself an email with an embedded sound. So far, no luck. I looked in Temporary internet. Saved as stationery to see if the file would be saved. But no sound file. I saved as eml. I opened in IE. The sound is not there.

If the sound is not too long, you may have to play it and use sound recorder to record it. That can get large though. I'll keep trying. I have a feeling this is not going to work.

5. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Hold on! I opened the mail in Hotmail directly just now instead of using OE and the sound file was there as an attachment. Send the email to yourself if you have a hotmail or other internet account and see if the sound file turns up as an attachment. Download it and it's yours. Let me know. Hope it works for you.

6. subyroo27

subyroo27 Thread Starter

Nope don't work for me :mad:

Don't even get the pic's when I forward it to myself. :rolleyes:

7. putasolution

putasolution

The music is " I only have eyes for you"

8. subyroo27

subyroo27 Thread Starter

putasolution

I will look it up if I can.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

9. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Have them send it again. Open it on the net. Not in OE. Be sure it is still an email and not a saved .eml file. See if that works. I suppose it depends on your email provider. What they do and don't allow. Hotmail separates everything out. So the sound was an attachment. Don't know what yours is doing.

10. subyroo27

subyroo27 Thread Starter

Mosaic1 - thanks matey :D

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!