1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Extreme post-vrii Keyboard & Mouse Lag

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by thefakenet, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefakenet

thefakenet Thread Starter

I recently cleaned out a Spysherrif infection, I got it quickly and it wasn't able to bring too many "friends" to the party. Cleaned out a few IE toolbars it installed (just a precaution since I use firefox anyways) used the "Cleaner" the "SmitFraudFix" and a few other utils. Ran post-cleanup with both AVG Anti-Spyware, and Spybot S&D. Ran Full vrii scan with AVG, and now all reports come up clean.

I'm having a problem where when in game, or in windows my interface will freeze, the mouse curser will have no problem moving around, however It's curser (hourglass, size-NW, world-of-warcraft-glove, etc...) is stuck, and I cannot click on anything, neither can I type. If a key was pressed, it reacts as if it is held down. After a few moments, the computer returns to normal operation after acting as if it is processing a keystroke buffer (any keys I pressed after while it was frozen, suddenly react, IE. typing will finish, world of warcraft user will suddenly go insane).

I have ruled out the fact that I am using a Bluetooth wireless desktop by switching to a simple USB Keyboard and mouse, and the problem continues.

2. thefakenet

thefakenet Thread Starter

Is it something in my name? have I incorrectly formatted my post? Is it a site error? Why is it that my posts statistically get less then 1/10th the attention then the average?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice