Extreme text lag in all browsers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Morgoth

I'm using Windows 7 and my PC has developed horrendous text lag in both the browsers I have (chrome and firefox) and whenever I input text into Windows dialog boxes (eg the search box in Windows). It's at its worst in firefox but chrome is bad too. Text in firefox is basically unusable, I have to copy and paste stuff in from word. There is NO text lag whatsoever when typing in other application windows. The only extension/add-on either browser has is adblock. There are no other signs of slowness, even when I tax the computer by having loads of browser windows open and more than one game running. I still get the text lag when I only just started the computer.

I have scanned the computer with AVG, Malwarebytes anti-malware and the Microsoft malicious software removal tool and nothing was detected. I have gone through the list of processes that are running and have researched them all and there's nothing that seems to be suspicious. I tried turning off AVG's web protection in case it was that, but it made no difference.

In the error log I have constant " Watched process exited with code 1".

CPU use seems kind of high to me, with 30-40% often showing when I just started the computer up.

Here's my info:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3

Processor Count: 4

RAM: 8144 Mb

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, -2048 Mb

Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (22 GB Free); G: 1863 GB (220 GB Free); I: 1863 GB (621 GB Free); M: 3725 GB (1595 GB Free);

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z87-D3HP-CF

Antivirus: Malwarebytes, Enabled and Updated

It says Malwarebtyes is the anti-virus but when the problem started I was using AVG. Malwarebytes, which I only ran before for occasional checks, irritatingly installed a premium trial and has taken over from AVG from now. Given that the behaviour hasn't changed regardless of which one is active, I'm guessing my anti-virus is probably not to blame.

dmccoy

Darrin
Please try resetting both browsers to their defaults and see if that helps. I would also try removing and reinstalling both browsers. Have your tried another browser such as IE?

The Watched process error is usually related to a process could not be launched, likely due to having the wrong path.

If none of that helps, Then i would recommend that you post in the Malware forum for guidance on checking for and removing and malware you may have on your computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online