1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Extremely high ping on just one computer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by baraulu, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aguyinaskimask

aguyinaskimask

What about this site
    www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

Are the results different? Speedtest.net is java based, and in my experience is a wonky site. I have had many clients where I have had issues with poor test results on that page. Not on others. Another way to test ping is thru cmd while pinging a server over a long period of time. Try this instead, in cmd type

ping -n 1000 google.com

Look at the ping response times over a 1000x test and take a median. DO NOT trust speedtest.net for consistency.

2. gerfmarquez

gerfmarquez

Last night I noticed that if I disabled all of my antivirus features (BitDefender) like firewall and real time protection it had no effect however, somehow my antivirus crashed and I had a chance to test speedtest and the difference was huge, I finally got the reults expected, 40 ms, 4 mbps download and 0.70 mbps upload. Ping dropped from 2,000 ms to 40 ms. [deleted by mod]

I guess I'll have to check with my antivirus support or even install other antivirus.

Thanks

3. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1051154