1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Extremely severe flaw in opera-upgrade to 10.53!

Discussion in 'General Security' started by perfume, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. perfume

perfume Banned Thread Starter

2. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

They all end up with flaws sooner or later. It's unavoidable. It happens to the best, like Firefox, Opera, Chrome, etc.

So, call me what you want, I'm sticking to IE! [​IMG]

4. perfume

Dear SIR****TMG,
    You are welcome!
    Dear phantom010,
    You are playing with fire ,holding the burning end most of the times! Just saw your comp. specs, good one that is,i like it!

5. Phantom010

[​IMG]

6. TOGG

TOGG

I upgraded to 10.53 a few days ago when I first saw the announcement.

As a long term Opera user ( 6 years), I have been disappointed by the version 10 releases due to minor, but annoying, issues with display at some sites. In one case the affected site underwent a total redesign at the same time as 10.1 came out, so there may be some specific issues there.

I have a theory (totally unsupported by any evidence, always the best sort of theory to have because it makes it harder to disprove!) that the problems could be related to the rash of new 'features' that have been introduced (such as Turbo, Unite, and Link) which are of little or no use to me personally but could well have made changes 'under the hood' which lead to the problems I am, occasionally, seeing.

It appears to be a constant refrain in the computing world that program XYZ has been made less effective or useful by 'improvements' and, occasionally, I'm sure it must be true.

7. Phantom010

Well, you know what they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"... [​IMG]

8. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

No, what they say is: "If it ain't broke, time to tweak".

:D

9. perfume

Dear phantom and JimI8,
    My guess is these browser developers do the "one-upman ship" dance, every time when the other browser/browsers do some "fixing" or "tweaking"! So, they ring up their department of development and tell them, "i don't know what you do, but we must announce an update tomorrow",and disconnect before the young team get to ask"why"?:rolleyes:
    Though FF is my first choice, i am amazed at the speed of "Safari"!:)

10. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

does anybody ever use maxthon 2? it's just ie reskinned but works for me.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921563

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice