Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremely Slow Computer, Possible driver issues.

704 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DaveA 
#1 ·
My brother has gotten a new computer that my older brother built for him. Its specs are a Intel Core i7-3770k CPU @ 3.5GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680, and 16 GB of RAM. However, despite these his computer crashes/blue screens on the desktop and cannot even run minecraft on the lowest settings possible. It seemed to start after an Nvidia driver update. We believe it was this change that lead to the computer blue screening all the time. We have done other things like troubleshooting and speed increase tips but to no avail. We even tried cleaning the hardware and making sure everything was plugged in correctly but that seemed to make it worse. Any help would be appreciated and if any other info is needed then please ask. Thank you.

#3 ·
In my opinion using any third party driver programs should be avoided. Driverbooster is a Iobit product and they have been known to do some suspicious things. I have only used them on a Dell computer that was made to be a server that I put windows 7 on and couldn't get the drivers anywhere else. It is best to get the graphic driver from the company that made it, what brand GTX680?
I have a HIS HD6570 IceQ I one of my computers and tried to update the driver at the AMD site and started getting hangs and blue screens. Used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and reinstalled the driver from the HIS site and no problems after that. You might be able to roll back to your previous driver.Please provide as much detail about your computer as possible

#4 ·
Yes, DriverBooster is a IoBit product, they offer freeware when installing the program

I think everyone should turn "Custom Installation" into a habit, and since Iobit offers some freeware just click Custom Installation and uncheck the boxes with freeware
Otherwise DB is a great Driver Updater
If you dont want Iobit to install your drivers just do a "Scan" and it will tell you which drivers are out of date, then you simply google the drivers and download them by yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.