Extremely slow Shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AlecinOz

G'day,

About a month ago I started experiencing problems with the Shutdown process on my computer (I'm running Windows XP - Home edition). Like, it's taking 4 minutes from when I hit Logoff just to get to the actual logoff pane and the it takes another couple of minutes for the machine to actually shut down.

When I hit logoff the computer says.... Saving your settings - I'm not exactly sure what that means as I didn't have the problem before.

There are two other users of the computer and none of us has any sort of fancy software or stuff. Basically we only use the computer for basic word processing, accessing the Net and email/messenger.

I have taken a look at what processes are running and so forth, but I admit I'm not tech savvy enough to know what it all means. There is heaps of spare capacity, that much I do know:)

Can anyone help?

Ta
Alec

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online