1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ezarc.msi

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by robbet10, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robbet10

robbet10 Thread Starter

I am haveing a pop up that is frequently there that is HP achieve. it says: This feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. click ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "EZARC.MSI' in the box below. in the box is c:hp\tmp\src\

Could you tell me how to get rid of it.
    Thanks,

2. Birdlegs

Birdlegs

I am having the same problem. If you find out how to stop this please let me know. It started out of the blue.

3. sultan_emerr

sultan_emerr Banned

If you don't get any other suggestions, you might try running the free trial of SpySweeper, and removing all backweb entries,

If that doesn't work, you might try reinstalling your HP printer software from the disk.

If that doesn't work, ..........................................

4. Gene1234

Gene1234

For those with HP Media Center Computers having the EZARC.msi message. Here is the resolve, straight from HP Tech Support.

Sometimes, during load, Roxia Digital Media Archive doesn't load correctly, or becomes corrupt. This is where you are getting the EZARC.msi request from. If you follow these steps, you shoud resolve the problem.

start > all programs > HP Application Recovery

When the Application Recovery console comes up, Choose Application Installation then click NEXT.

When the list comes up, highlight Roxio DigitalMedia Archive by clicking on it, then click the "Install" button.

It will re-install Digital Media Archive, and fix your EZARC.msi search issue.

Hope this helps.

Note: I am not a tech representative. Just aonther user. All advice given is given with no guarantee. Use it at your own risk. (sorry, got to cover my rear)

5. Gene1234

Gene1234

Correction on location:

start > all programs > Help & Tools > HP Application Recovery

6. bamabob

bamabob

I tried re-installing, but the problem persisted. I removed the program:

Start / control panel / add or remove programs / hp digital mediacenter archive

Of course if you use this, its gone. I checked Google and it seems to be a DVD/photo archive freebie. I'm not aware of anything that uses it so I removed it and so far no more pop-ups.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/solutions/roxiolabs/products/data/dma.html

7. meredith219121

meredith219121

Awesome. It work.

8. dejota712

dejota712

I'm having the same exact problem!!!!! I tried to Remove the problem, but there isnt even an option for me to delete the HP Digital Mediacenter Archive.... its just sitting there, and i cant do anything with it... i tried numerous times to reinstall the Roxio DigitalMedia Archive, and nothing happened at all... my mother thinks this is a virus, so i need to get rid of it soon so she can stop screaming at me!!! help!!

9. meredith219121

meredith219121

I was wrong, it only worked for as while. Unfortunately I deleted the program. I guess I did not need it after all. Everything I need works. I don't think it's a virus.
    Just hit delete and don't tell Mom. Just kidding, that's what I did so I would not go crazy. Good luck

10. dejota712

dejota712

i went to settings>control panel>add or remove programs, and i saw the digital archive thing... however, there was no option for me to delete it after it has been highlighted... i looked at many other programs, and they were not marked to be deleted....

11. netscaper

netscaper

DO THIS !
    Use "reg cleaner" to get rid of "backweb" from the registry.
    Then, click start, then search, and type in "backweb" and delete what ever is left.
    I did that and no more pop ups.

12. bbarlow

bbarlow

this worked for me the first time and never poped up again, Thanks EMBALMER

1:press Start
    2:Select Run
    3:Type in msconfig
    4:press ok
    5:Select start up tab
    6:Deselect DMA Schedueler
    7: Apply
    8: Restart Computet

It's gone

13. want2Csomeaction

want2Csomeaction

I clicked on start and all programs,but I don't have the Help & Tools,or the HP Application Recovery options.

14. want2Csomeaction

want2Csomeaction

I tried this,it didn't work.

15. want2Csomeaction

want2Csomeaction

That pop up mentioned on here by my fellow members,has been bugging me all day.
    It's downright ANNOYING!! I saw it for the first time just recently,but it didn't come up
    to the extent that it did today.

I went to my control panel,clicked on add or remove programs,and HP Digital Media Archive IS there.I tried to remove it,but couldn't,because it said that another installation is in progress.I have no idea what installation they're talking about.

My hands are tied here,guys.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/500953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice