1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

F/A-18E Super Hornet v Hercules Prophet battle!

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlbertB, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlbertB

AlbertB Thread Starter

Hi,

I have just upgraded my old ATI Rage Fury Pro for a Hercules Prophet II Ultra I was given ( :D ) in my Pentium3 machine. I am using Hercules most up to date drivers rather than their NVidia equivalents.

The card works great in my Win2k setup which I use for my work, but when I dual boot into Win98SE to fly my plane on a mission :cool: I can now get no further than the opening video play. As soon as the game starts I get a dropout and unrecoverable error messages concerning I think Direct3D.

I had trouble with the ATI drivers not being removed but used DriverCleanup3 to sort that out, which it did very easily. I updated DirectX in Win98SE to 8.1b, (I'm on ver9.0 in Win2k but wondered if that was too much of a stretch with such an old game and card under Win98SE). DXDiag shows no problems of any kind anywhere. The card works for everything else in Win98SE except the only darned game I play!

Has anyone else experience of issues with this card or chipset and such an old game.

2. AlbertB

AlbertB Thread Starter

Problem solved. All it needed was an uninstall of the game and a reinstall. Now the sky is a safe place to be once again. It even kept my profile and records.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice