1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

F-disking a computer with Windows 3.11

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by Lizzie, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Thread Starter

How do you f-disk a computer with Windows 3.11. Can someone tell me how to to it step by step. I want to add WIndows 95 to the computer.

Thanks,
    Lizzie

2. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

<HR><MARQUEE><B><I><FONT COLOR="FF0000" SIZE=+3>Welcome to TSG!</MARQUEE></B></I></FONT><HR><P>

The procedure is fairly simple:

Since you are running Windows 3.11, all you have to do is close Windows, and you are in DOS. In DOS, just type FDISK and follow the instructions.

One note:
    You will have to reinstall DOS and your DOS CDROM drivers before installing Windows 95. An alternative is to acquire a Windows 98 Boot disk, which has CDROM drivers on it.

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

4. Lizzie

Lizzie Thread Starter

thanks for the help I will check about the windows 98 boot disk. The system does meet the requirements for windows 95.

Lizzie

5. rugrat

rugrat

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!