F.E.A.R. has encountered a problem and needs to close

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zrules

F.E.A.R. has encountered a problem and needs to close. Help!
I have the graphic card that works with f.e.a.r. and my system passed every requirements. Plz tell me how to fix with problem.

I think this is the hardware problem. You are missing required hardware or it is not installed properly. At Run->dxdiag.exe and check to see if DirectX features say OK!!

I had similar problem with Commandos 3: Destination Berlin, which I was trying to run on onboard 4MB graphics card (S3 Graphics) :) later on, I installed NVIDIA Riva TNT (16 MB) - AGP and the game now runs fine.

The Radion 9100 series of video cards is not listed in the FEAR readme.txt as one of the approved cards.
Try updating to latest drivers if not done so already.
Have no other programs running..no AV, etc.

Zrules

i checked direct x, its working fine.
and i have the latest driver installed

PS,
You probably need moore ram also!
I've got 3 gigs worth and never had a problem with running FEAR.

Zrules

everything was off during installation.
Zonealarm shut down and even the internet disconnected.
same error.

If you are that crazy about this game, have a system reinstall. Alternatively, you should wipe out all traces of FEAR installation manually. (that includes registry entries too)

Install the game again. I think FEAR has a system requirements checker.. run it before installing the game and then clean install FEAR. Hope it helps.

Your system specs are on the edge of meeting the requirement for the game and Vista. Vista is a resource hog. You are better off sticking with XP until you upgrade your computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online