F-Secure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fishinduff

Would you guys like to give me an opinion on F-Secure security suite. ISP provides it for free, but I don't know of anyone who uses it.

the anitvirus for f secure is better than nod32 in terms of detection rates....... and about the rest i dunno

Check out the web site, AV Comparatives. Click on the Comparative link in the left-hand column, and then click on the February 2008 on-demand link in the next web page.

F-Secure and NOD32 are both certified at Advanced+ level.
F-Secure scored 97.5, and NOD32 97.7 in Total detection of all malware tests.

I know NOD32 is heuristic, and F-Secure may be signature based which would mean a zero-day attack would not be detected by F-Secure, but NOD32 would probably have a chance of avoiding the attack being rule pattern based if the zero day attack was similar to its pattern matching.

-- Tom

Would you guys like to give me an opinion on F-Secure security suite. ISP provides it for free, but I don't know of anyone who uses it.
My ISP as well.

I have it on XPSP2 and have no problem with it.
It is now compatible with Vista too.

fishinduff

I have decided to try it and see how it goes. Can always go back to Avira etc. Thanks for the input.

I have been using F-Secure for almost a year now,and have tried several of the top rated security suites previously. I am more than satisfied with its perfomance,and its a freebee for subcribers of my IP,so you can't beat that with a stick.
I have recently put it through some tests,and it came out with more than acceptional results. I would highly recomend it to anyone.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online