1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

F11 Key non responsive

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mchammer14, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mchammer14

mchammer14 Thread Starter

I am trying to restore the computer to original factory settings AKA "AS FURNISHED" because of a crashed hard drive. The F11 key does not let me get to system recovery and the computer goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor - Windows 7 Operating System. I have a boot disk which lets me get to recovery however, system restore does not work as there is only one restore point so I am screwed. I do not have an image to restore to either. Any suggestions?

2. smittygeek4273

smittygeek4273 Banned

try another keyboard

3. mchammer14

mchammer14 Thread Starter

I did try other keyboard and mouse still not helping

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/996289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice