Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

f2 freezes and cannot get to bios

968 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a Toshiba l355d-s7901. I put on Windows 7 and a new hdd. when i try to do f2 to change the boot order,, it freezes at the TOSHIBA screen. IF i do not touch a key of ANY kind when turning on the computer,,, it goes past that screen to one that say something on order of media failure ,,,, check cable,,, etc and exiting PXE ROM .... (just as if there is no hdd at all.) THEN black screen for a second THEN "starting windows" THEN "welcome" and Poof, i have a perfectly booted and working Windows 7. Yes i tried another hdd that I know for sure is good and same thing. I just CAN NOT get to the boot menu at all. I even took the cd drive OUT and still same game. By the way ,,, it is not this computer. But i can get to you one the computer in question if i need to. THANKS as always............... OH Yes,, i took this coputer down before hand and cleaned (in the correct way like i have done bunches of) and when I put it back together it worked fine and started this 30 minutes after I put on windows 7. I ONE instance,, i got a flash on screen about a cmos failure incident was noticed.

#3 ·
Try holding down the ESC(ape) key for a few seconds straight after switching on then if you get prompted to press F1 do so and you should be into Bios setup where you can change the boot device order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.