F5 key broke off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kbyrne5

Hi, The F5 key broke off my laptop. I still have the key, but it is just a flat surface key without a way to "click" it back on. Can you suggest how I should "glue" it back on so as not to ruin the key or the PC. Thanks for your help.

maybe a little bit of superglue but be very carful were it goes dont wanna glue a key in down postion or anything.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
The keys on most laptop keyboards are designed to be removed. Are you sure you have broken it and not just pulled it out. If you try aligning it carefully and pressing fairly hard (but not too) it may well click back into place.

kbyrne5

Tried to click the key back in place, but no luck. Tried the superglue method and it might hold up for a bit. Thanks for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online