1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

F5D8236-4 v2 (01) xbox 360 issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by demonizer84, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demonizer84

demonizer84 Thread Starter

hi guys, i recently purchased the F5D8236-4 v2 (01) belkin router, i have 2 laptops a mac and iphone all which connect no problems and no issues at all, i also have the new xbox 360 this is where my problems are, the problems i am having are random disconnects. lag issues and also party chat issues which seem to lag and cut voice out.

i have disabled the firewall on the router, i have tried setting my xbox to a static ip and enabled the DMZ feature on the router and input the xbox's ip and also forwarded the ports required and stil i have no joy, the nat setting is strict i believe, and when playing online as said the game tends to lag and eventually drop connection, i have tried it wired and it works fine i have ran ping and speed tests and got good results, i have taken my xbox to a friends house also and tried his router to which their is no problems, so any help will greatly be appreciated, also as a not wether wired or wifi i cant update my routers firmware it gives me a message that ip is out of range

Attached Files:

2. huggie54

huggie54

hiya,according to my 12 year old son,the Nat setting should be "open"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice